Prof. Dr. med. Christian Manegold
- Former Head of Thoracic Oncology at Inter-disciplinary Tumor Center of University Mannheim
- Former President of European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer – Lung Cancer Group (EORTC-LCCG)
- Active Researcher on bisphosphonates and bone metastases therapy
- Christian Manegold, MD, studied medicine in Berlin and Heidelberg, Germany, graduating with a MD from of the Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg in 1974.
- He took up a residency in the pathology department of the same university in 1976 and worked in the USA for 3 years, before returning to Heidelberg in 1979.
- He gained board certification in internal medicine and in haematology/oncology in 1985 and 1986, followed by a professional appointment as Consultant in Haematology/Oncology at the Thoracic Hospital in Heidelberg, and Head of Interdisciplinary Thoracic Oncology at the Department of Surgery, Heidelberg Medical Centre Mannheim, Germany, a post he held from 2004 to 2013.
- He was appointed Professor at Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg in 1996.
- He has been the Senior Advisor at the Interdisciplinary Cancer Centre in Mannheim since 2013, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Germany
Professor Manegold has extensive experience as a clinical investigator, and national and international trial leader as well as a member or leader of independent data monitoring committees (IDMC) in numerous clinical trials in oncology, both in thoracic cancers and other indications.
Professor Manegold is a member of:
• German Cancer Society
• European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
• American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
• International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC).
• Former Chairman of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Lung Cancer Group (EORTC-LCG) from 2000 to 2003.
• Former Chairman of the IASLC Ethics/Sponsorship Committee from 2007 to 2009 and as member of the IASLC Board of Directors from 2011 to 2015.